O(1) Labs is aiming to develop the first cryptocurrency protocol that can deliver on the promise of supporting real-world applications and widespread use. Our team is based in San Francisco, and we are funded by top investors (including Polychain, Metastable, Max Levchin, and Naval Ravikant).
We’re bringing Coda Protocol to market, a cryptocurrency that compresses the blockchain from hundreds of gigabytes down to the size of a few tweets. It can scale to thousands of transactions per second and millions of users while remaining decentralized enough for cellphones to be fully verifying nodes.
We’re working on technologies with the potential to reimagine social structures, and ramifications that could match the influence of the internet’s development. We believe it’s important to incorporate diverse perspectives from conception through realization.
Coda enables a new class of applications where users can securely and frictionlessly interact with the network while developers can add functionality to their applications in a few lines of client-side code. We’re looking for someone who wants to work hand-in-hand with a vibrant developer community to create a new generation of cryptocurrency-enabled applications.
Our developer advocate will have the following responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, develop, and collaborate on the tooling and materials that will empower developers of all backgrounds to build on top of Coda’s network and API
- Channel developer feedback across in-person and online interactions into thoughtful product recommendations
- Craft narratives that attract developers with the vision of building cryptocurrency applications that are accessible and legible to everyone
This is a chance to join a small, collaborative team and have a ton of independence while working on fascinating problems that span software engineering, systems design, cryptography, and computing. We also offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
The ideal candidate:
- Is an excellent writer and empathetic communicator
- Has experience with computer science, software engineering, or developing cryptocurrency applications
- Is familiar with functional programming paradigms and interested in learning OCaml
There are no hard requirements and we’re more interested in learning about your individual background.
If you’d be interested in talking further, please get in touch by sending an email with your resume and the subject “Developer Advocate Applicant” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, women, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.