O(1) Labs is aiming to develop the first cryptocurrency protocol that can deliver on the promise of supporting real-world applications and widespread use. Our team is based in San Francisco, and we are funded by top investors (including Polychain, Metastable, Max Levchin, and Naval Ravikant).
Cryptocurrency projects represent a new way to organize communities, marrying the accessibility of open-source projects with the ambitious shared visions of traditional startups. We’re looking for someone who wants to explore what’s possible this space by developing a vibrant, global community of experts, developers, and enthusiasts who are inspired by the vision of developing a cryptocurrency that’s accessible and legible to everyone.
Our community manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Hone our brand and message, translating a high level vision to professional quality materials
- Spread that message as an ambassador to the outside world, managing our relationships with the press, our partners, and our social media users
- Act as a well-informed representative of the community in internal discussions to provide input on major decisions
- Develop and oversee the community, from designing creative proposals to executing them and monitoring their success
This is a chance to join a small, collaborative team and have a ton of independence while working on fascinating problems that span economics, marketing, computing, and sociology. We also offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a background in marketing or community management
- Has a genuine interest in cryptocurrencies, understands and can clearly communicate how they work to a variety of audiences
- Is a critical thinker who can grasp novel protocol designs and is willing to learn about fields relevant to cryptocurrencies, like cryptography, distributed systems, and economics
- Is an excellent writer and persuasive speaker
There are no hard requirements and we’re more interested in learning about your individual background.
If you’d be interested in talking further, please get in touch by sending an email with your resume and the subject “Community Manager Applicant” to email@example.com.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, women, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.